Skip to main content

One of the best birthdays of my life

 As I promised before, two posts this month because I have to talk about my birthday, right? The title said "One of the best birthdays of my life". I hope this is the correct title. My 23rd birthday is one of the best birthdays I've ever had. I'm so thankful that God gives me a happy feeling on that day. It started by a birthday wish from one of my precious friends. He called to wish me. I expected that but I'm still surprised that he remembers. He just made a better start of my day :) I met Catherine, my former co-worker because she asked me to come. I'm so glad that we're still keep in touch. I felt so appreciated when she wished me "happy birthday" and also was kind enough to give me a present and pocket money. Oh God, Please protect her, grant her strength and may You shower her with joy and happiness. She deserves the world. 

I received a lot of warm wishes from my friends and I felt so so blessed and grateful for them. This year was even meaningful because my sweet friends sent me some birthday gifts. I was unexpecting any of these. Ya Allah, they are so kind and I really need to repay them. I need to give the love. I can't be the one who always receiving love. On 13th September, Ati's present arrived at my doorstep. She gave me a stunningly beautiful bookmark! I'm currently using it and am so happy with the gift. It was a thoughtful gift! The next day, a birthday surprise from Syasya, my best friend. She gave me a very gorgeous shawl. I cannot wait to put it on my head. The shawl is a branded one and I feel scared to wear it honestly. I feel like I don't deserve her kindness. Let's improve myself so that I can be a better friend for my friends too! Finally, this is so unexpected. Nina gifted me sunflowers! I was surprised. Nina has always been a good friend to me and I made some mistakes. I hope we can be more understanding of each other in the future. Glad, we are still friends because I still need her. 

I love all my friends and I don't want our friendships over. There are some friendships that ended maybe because it is meant to be that way. As long as I can protect the friendship that I still have, I want to protect it. But, I also don't want to be hard on myself. If the person don't feel the same, I should openly let the person go. Because this is life. I was wrong about being alone is better than be with people. Just because some people can be disappointing, I can't let the judgement affected all people. I'm still lacking somewhere and I hope I can be better and giving love to people instead of receiving love all the time. May God eases this journey. I want to be better and do better. Amin.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Missing my friends

Hello! it's been a chaotic month for me yeah like i mentioned in the previous post that i might busy with online classes and that was true. Tried to make everything smoother so i did plan a schedule for what i'm going to do that day. Sounds so organized? hahahaha but obeying it really need a lot of efforts. Well, actually right now on my schedule i need to digest article about semantic memory research but at 10:50 pm i just remember that i haven't update this month so yeah i can't focus anymore so i decided to delay it tomorrow :p well, it's forgiven because i'm writing a good thing well let's hope my writing or my words can give benefits to people. maybe not now but some day. So i've been writing without a post title! Wait a min... okay done with the title. Thinking back i always had friends ever since i started went to kindergarten. My episodic memory is quite strong because i still remember my kindergarten friends. They were Afrina and Aqila. Just ...

I reached my 2020 reading goal!

 Wow, I almost missed updating for this month. Phew, Every week is a hectic week . I had my mid sem break in the middle of November and thought of updating during that time. However, I decided to spend the whole week for that particular assignment. I just hope that the marking went smooth huhu honestly I had no particular target for this semester. I only prayed that I survived. November probably be the busiest month ever because I only managed to read two books in this month. But I can also tell that December gonna be tough also haih. Please, this semester should pass really quick. Okay, enough rambling about my study update. I want to announce hahahaha proudly. I managed to complete the 2020 reading challenge !!! Tbh, I started the challenge in July and targeting 10 books to finish in a year probably sounds tough to me since I just got back into reading. My reading pace is very very slow because I prefer to take my times instead of being rush to finish a book. Luckily, I recalled...

SEM 4 in a nutshell & current obsession

 Oh my, I just realized that I didn't update anything in 4 months??? The last post was about semester break! Now, I'm currently on my semester break hahahaha. Well, I think from this 4 months of hiatus you can tell how occupied I was. I couldn't find time to update this blog. If I had time, I spent it on catching my breath and sometimes reading. Speaking of  reading, my reading progress was not like what I planned. I meant, I read 1 book in May and June. Nonetheless, I am still reading and proud of it. You did well, dear self!  Okay, back to the title. Sem 4 in a nutshell. I personally think semester 4 is the worst online semester ever. I don't think I will excel this semester like the past two semesters and I am ready to accept that. My lecturers are not being considerate. Yeah not all but most of them. I will remember all of it. I am not interested on elaborating what I just said. So yeah let's move on. Because the title itself stated in a nutshell so there you go...